• Show
Clear All

• Multiple Server results to 1 Report File

I am running the following script:
    Load Server1\Folder Server2\Folder
    expand all
    select all
    criteria IgnoreDST
    folder-report layout:Summary List options:display-all title:"FOLDER" output-to:SERVER\"FOLDER-%date%.txt"

Note: I have not written the Script to report on multiple servers as of yet. (I can use any insite on this piece too)

What I am looking to accomplish is run above mentioned script point it to multiple servers i.e. Server1\Folder, Server2\Folder, Server2\Folder, etc. would like for the report to write to one text file and append all additional data from various other runs to that one file. Is this possible?

Re: Multiple Server results to 1 Report File

Hi dordyj,

Beyond Compare doesn't have the ability to append to report files, so you'll have to output the report to a separate file for each server.

To run the report for multiple servers, pass the server and report names to the script on the command line, then call the script from a batch file for each pair of servers.

Example script:
    criteria IgnoreDST
    Load %1 %2
    expand all
    folder-report layout:Summary List options:display-all title:"%3" output-to:SERVER\"%3-%date%.txt"

Batch File:
    bc2.exe @script.txt Server1\Folder Server2\Folder Folder
    bc2.exe @script.txt Server3\Folder2 Server4\Folder2 Folder2
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Ok thats a very good thought. The only thing I want to do is rather than create the path of the folders to hold my report is there a way to just dump the report file to a folder of my choosing and name the report after the product name and server name.

Comment

You'll still need to pass the report name somehow. Beyond Compare doesn't provide a way to automatically name the report file based on the folders that are loaded.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X