• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris
    replied
    Re: compare files from different locations

Srijai,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add this to our wish list for our developers to review.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Dear Chris,

I think many users might have need like generate the report (esp statitics) for differnt set of files in one report!!

If we have a option with select which can add the list of files to right side and corresponding file to left side for the comaprision and generate a final report wont it be good?

e.g:
    select-files rt->c:\foldera\filea.txt lt->c:\folderb\fileb.txt
    select-files rt->c:\folderc\filec.txt lt->c:\folderd\filed.txt
    file-report .....

May be in the next release this option will add value to the product!

-Srijai

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

There isn't a single command to do this. When comparing multiple files, BC will only match up files for comparison if their path and filenames are the same relative to the loaded base folders.

You can script BC to generate a file comparison report of named files, but it will create a separate report for each pair of files.

Here's an example script:

file-report layout:side-by-side output-to:report1.txt c:\foldera\filea.txt c:\folderb\fileb.txt
    file-report layout:side-by-side output-to:report2.txt c:\folderc\filec.txt c:\folderd\filed.txt

You can also pass in the file names to the script from the command line.

file-report layout:side-by-side output-to:%3 %1 %2

The call the script from a batch file for each pair of files:

bc2.exe @script.txt c:\file1.txt c:\file2.txt c:\report.txt

Leave a comment:

• glindo
    started a topic compare files from different locations

compare files from different locations

Hey all. Is it possible to create a script to compare files in different locations? For example, compare file a in folder a to file b in folder b - then, in the same session, file c in folder c to file d in folder d. I need to do this from the command line, and due to the number of files I don't want to launch a separate instance of bc2 for each comparison. Thanks!
Working...
X