No announcement yet.

Exclude Orphan Files and get Only Right Side Differences in File Report Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclude Orphan Files and get Only Right Side Differences in File Report Command

Hi All,

I am trying to get all the differences of the files in the folders..

I need to know how can I exclude the orphan files since it is also included as it is in the differences Report..

My Script is as Below :

Load "\\cpu015715\Releases\JASDEC Phase II\Prod_IS-377\UAT Releases\IS-377\New\DB" "\\cpu015715\Releases\JASDEC Phase II\Prod_IS-377\UAT Releases\IS-377\Old\DB"
    expand all
    select all.files
    filter "*.sql,*.cls"
    file-report layout:side-by-side options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches output-to:c:\Uat377Diff.txt

Please let me know How can I exclude Orphan Files while getting the differences..

I have got one more requirement..

How can I get Only Right Side Differences from File Report command??

Re: Exclude Orphan Files and get Only Right Side D

Hello Prashanth,

To avoid orphan files, change your select command. You'll also want to set your comparison criteria to rules-based so you can select files with text differences.

criteria rules-based
    filter "*.sql,*.cls"
    Load "\\cpu015715\Releases\JASDEC Phase II\Prod_IS-377\UAT Releases\IS-377\New\DB" "\\cpu015715\Releases\JASDEC Phase II\Prod_IS-377\UAT Releases\IS-377\Old\DB"
    expand all
    select diff.files
    file-report layout:side-by-side options:ignore-unimportant,display-mismatches output-to:c:\Uat377Diff.txt

It isn't possible to only display the text of the right side files in the report. If the side-by-side format is too wide, you might want to consider using the over-under or composite report layouts.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Whenever I attempt to run this script (or any script using a select diff.files, I get a "parameter incorrect" error on the file-report command.

Comment

If there aren't any different files, the file-report command will generate an error like the one you describe.

Try changing your select command to "select diff.files exact.files".
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X