X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some options' windows do not display properly

Under:
    Tools... Options...
    some of the "settings" or "options" windows seem to be badly displayed.
    The worst example is for Hex Viewer, where I might be missing some of the display, off to the right hand side.
    Also the inputting field for "Bytes Per Line" is only just wide enough to show a single digit "1", so that I cannot read what this field contains.

It's the same thing if you directly select Options from the Hex Viewer's own window.

I am running the lastest version 2.3.1 with today's download of "AllPlugins.exe" (Thursday, 28 July 2005), on Win98SE.

I am certain that the problem is NOT new with this version; I am not sure when I first noticed it. (Today I think I have found a problem which IS new, also with the Hex Viewer, and it could be that some setting in this window -- some of which I might not be able to see! -- is affecting it.)

Best regards,
    Ed

Re: Some options\' windows do not display properly

Have you changed your font sizes in BC or font/dpi settings in Windows? BC's dialogs don't scale well with larger fonts, so that might be why you're having display problems.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Chris,
      I don't think I have changed any fonts' sizes.

Is there any way you could suggest to do a total restoration of default values. Would a complete removal and re-installation cycle achieve that?

Many thanks,
      Ed

Comment

If you have the taskbar on the left side of the screen rather than the bottom the plugin viewer preferences pages are all shifted by it's width. I've done some cursory work on it, but haven't found a reason for it yet and we don't have time to look into it further right now.
        ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

It sounds like this is probably due to the start menu as Craig suggested.

A quick way to test with default settings is to create a file named BC2.xml in the folder where BC2 is installed. When you start BC it will store settings in this file instead of in the registry. With a blank file BC will start with default settings. Once you're done testing you can delete the BC2.xml file to go back to using your normal settings stored in the registry.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

You're absolutely right! I always position the Taskbar down the left hand side of the screen.
            Best regards,
            Ed

Comment

Working...
            X