Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit Badwith for File Transfer

Hi There,
    I have Beyond Compare v 3.3.5 and I'm using it to copy incremental backup files off site. Normally this happens at night when no one else is using the network but from time to time I want to copy files during the day.

I'm in an all windows environment. I notice there are options to limit bandwidth when using an FTP connection but I was hoping to find a solution using standard windows file transfers.

Is there a way I can limit bandwidth usage and trickle files through during the day. A terminal server environment shares this connection so my users notice straight away if I try and sneak a big file past them

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
    David

Hello,

BC3 currently only support limiting the FTP connection transfers. When copying between local drive letters and Windows network shares, we use standard Windows copy methods (the same as Explorer). Expanding this and allowing more control over the transfer speed is on our wishlist.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Aron,
      Thanks for the reply and I'm glad it is on the wish list. If I get desperate I'll install an ftp server at the far end.

Otherwise I look forward to future enhancements

Regards
      David

Comment

Working...
      X