X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toms
    New User
    • Apr 2004

Copy rules to different profile

I have changed my log-in on my NT4 computer. The rules are not available when I start BC in the new Windows profile. Is there a way to copy these from one Windows profile to another?
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Copy rules to different profile

You can export your settings from one profile by using Tools|Export Settings to export some or all of your settings and then import the exported .xml file in the other profile.

It sounds like you might want to share settings for all users of your computer.

To share your reg key for all users, copy your registration key into a file called bc2.key in your BC installation directory.

To share settings between all users, create a file called bc2.ini in your BC directory and it will store rules etc there instead of separately for each user.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• toms
      New User
      • Apr 2004

In my Beyond Compare version 2.0.1 (build 178), the Tools menu only has the menuitems "O_ptions..." and "Import v1.x Settings...". Is this "Export Settings" menuitem a feature of a newer version or build?

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Yes, the export settings command is found only in a newer version. The current version is 2.1.2, if you have a license for 2.0.1 you can upgrade to 2.1.2 for free.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...