• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • limex
    Visitor
    • Jan 2010

Exclude Files larger than xx, Strange Behavour

Hi,
    I try to mirror to the right to a cloud service mapped as a network drive.
    Currently I have problems with this service, as files > 3MB are not stored correctly.
    Therefor I tried to start with smaller files and I added a "other filter" to the session settings. To exclude files larger than 2600 KB.

When I refresh the comparison BC still lists files larger than 2600 KB. But only files that are also on the right side but with a different filesize/date.

These files are marked by BC in a darker background.

I framed these files and the settings in the attached picture.

Question: Assuming that this is a wanted feature in BC, how do I filter out files greater that xx no matter if they are present at the right side in different size or date?

Link to snapshot of app: http://minus.com/lH8MZ79PP9EB3

Regards
    Gue
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

The BC3 filters logic is currently working as expected. The exclusion is "hiding" any file over the limit, however, we still show any file under the limit. If the file shown is aligned to a hidden file, we show the hidden file (to prevent confusion when copying/etc) as a 'teal' colored file.

We currently do not have a method of suppressing the aligned files. Expanding on this functionality is in our Customer Wishlist.

The only workaround I can think of would be to use the Exclude option (name filters) when you find a set of these files. You could try using the size filter to only Show files larger than 3megs, then exclude them by name, then reset the size filter to exclude larger than 3megs.

Do you think there would be a way to fix your remote directory so that it does not have trouble with files over 3 megs?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• limex
      Visitor
      • Jan 2010

Aaron,
      thank for the answer, I get the idea.
      Originally posted by Aaron
      Do you think there would be a way to fix your remote directory so that it does not have trouble with files over 3 megs?
      I hope so. Gloud Service Provider is looking at it. Currently I am in a Work Around Mode to start with the upload as 15 GB take some time over DSL

Thanks so far.

Comment

Working...