Parital Locks problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parital Locks problem

I still can't get BC to leave my previous copy in place rather than delete it when a file lock is currnet on one of the files being compared.
    I have set the detect partial locks option but my previous copy of my pst file is still always deleted instead of ignored when a fresh compare cannot get access to the pst to copy it.
    what am I doing wrong?
    thanks
    Alan

Re: Partial Locks problem

Does anyone support this product? I purchased a copy - asked a question - got an answer but when I ask new questions like this one I get ignored. Something isn't working here how do I fix it?
    thanks
    Alan

Comment

Re: Parital Locks problem

We've already done as much as we can to handle this issue in BC. There are a couple of other things that you can try though:

(1) Try finding a file named MSPST.INI and change these settings:
      [ndb]
      DisconnectDelay=60 // seconds till disconnect, default is 15min
      DisconnectDisable=2 // 0 = disallow disconnect to occur, 2 = allow

(2) Use Microsoft's dedicated PST backup utility: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
      ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks, I don;t have this file present and I notice that it applies to exchange - not just outlook. I've never heard of these settings before either.
        I just thought that since BC is in control of the copy command, it could stop before it deletes the old version. But I suppose you are relying on the operating system to do the copying? Does this mean the deletion is out of your control and the copy just fails after the deletion has occurred?
        thanks
        Alan

Comment

Yep. We're using the Windows copy file routines, and it does the delete before it returns. As far as I know Explorer will delete the destination if you perform the same copy.

We try to detect this as well as possible up front. Unfortunately, Outlook locks the file in such a way that we don't detect the problem until after the destination has been written to, so it either needs to be deleted or left in an possibly corrupt state.
          ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X