Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPG compare - ignore date / time

Hi guys,

I've taken a bunch of photos, then after I shot them, I realised that my camera date and time were wrong. I used Sony PlayMemories Home to adjust the dates by the required offsets (only program I could find that did it, recommendations welcome). I'm now trying to confirm that every photo is archived on my HDD before I wipe the memory card, but every photo has a different date. Is there any way to ignore these two fields in the JPG Metadata? I don't want to manually compare a few thousand photos!

Thanks for your help,
    Cheers,
    Critcho

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beyond Compare 4 JPG File Dates.PNG
Views:	23
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	81059

Hello,

BC4 does not support ignoring specific tags, but if you toggle off the Meta toolbar button, it will remove the metadata from the Rules-based comparison. If you close the tab and run the Rules-based scan from the Folder level, it will also then not use the (now closed) Meta button information.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Aaron,

thanks for the quick response, but I'm still missing something. Turning off the Meta toolbar works on an individual file comparison, and when I return to the folder view, each file that I've compared individually shows they are Rules-based same (no IOIO next to the =). However, selecting a bunch of files (or all of them) from the folder view and requesting compare, still shows they are binary different. If I have one item selected in the folder view, Quick Compare shows they are the same, but the folder view still shows they are binary different, and I can't run Quick Compare on more than one file. How do I run Rules-based compare on all selected files in one go, without having to do an individual file compare and hitting next until I'm through the whole list?

Thanks,
      Critcho

Comment

Hello,

You might have disabled the Compare Contents dialog box (which allows selection). You can re-enable it from the Tools menu -> Options dialog, File Operations tab, enable "Confirm Content Compare". Then, when right-clicking and selecting Compare Contents, you will see a dialog that allows you to select Rules-based compare.

Alternatively, you can also navigate to the Folder Compare's Session menu -> Session Settings, Comparison tab. Leave timestamp, size, override, defaults enabled, and also enable Content: Rules-based. Clicking ok will then begin performing the rules-based scan on all items.

A rules-based scan will sometimes return the Binary 0101 equal icon, since running this scan is faster and if binary equal the files must be rules-based equal. However, when selecting rules-based, it will fall back to a rules-based compare as soon as it needs those results (files are not binary equal).
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          enable "Confirm Content Compare". Then, when right-clicking and selecting Compare Contents, you will see a dialog that allows you to select Rules-based compare.
          Looks like that's cracked it, Thanks! Working now.

Comment

Working...
          X