Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help understanding some reports

Hello,
    I received a difference report made in BC2, and I am unsure what "ltonly" and "rtonly" differences mean.

Hello,

Those would refer to Left Only and Right Only, Orphan files that are not present (same folder/name location) on the other side. If a file has been moved, renamed, or deleted, this would create an Orphan.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thank Aaron, but I'm still unsure. I am comparing multiple text/csv files, and it returns ltonly and rtonly for some of those comparisons. I'm pretty sure the same files exist in both folders, so I'm unsure what that difference would mean.

Comment

Hello,

You can email the report to support@scootersoftware.com along with a link back to this forum thread and let us know a specific ltonly and file name we should look for. We can try to help parse a specific example then.

For one example, if a file has been moved from one subfolder to another, these would no longer align in the interface. Each file would then be a ltonly (assuming old location) and a rtonly (assuming new location), even though it was the 'same' file previously before the move. The move itself is Important for the alignment/comparison.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I think I might not have made the question very clear. I'm comparing content of various files, across 2 folders. Basically I have a left folder full of old files, and right folder full of updated files. There's 1:1 correspondence between all files that exist (or at least should be) and I'm using BC2 to compare content of each of these files. All of them are txt or csv. So i'm unsure what ltonly and rtonly mean in that context.

Comment

Which report type are you generating? Is it a list of file names or the content within the files? It could also be part of the data report (csv) depending on how that is generated for a Line that only exists on one side or the other. If you can send in the report (and link to the forum thread) we can review which report.

If you have the graphical interface up, you should be able to note that the file/text is only aligned to one side and not to the other (space), which can be caused for a variety of reasons such as a moved file, deleted data, etc.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X