Reset default keyboard shortcut for Exit in File Viewer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset default keyboard shortcut for Exit in File Viewer

The default keyboard shortcut for "Exit" in the File Viewer is "Escape". I changed it, but want to change it back.

In the Options dialog box the way to change a shortcut is to select the command from the list and type the desired shortcut key combination. However typing the Escape key causes the dialog box to close. It doesn't change the shortcut.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Here's what I've tried so far.

In the online support/help documentation for BC2, I found that user preferences including keyboard settings are stored in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare\ . Also settings can be exported and imported from the Tools menu. I exported my settings, and found the setting. The value in the exported settings and in the registry are the same --16777216 (0x01000000). I thought I could export the settings, make a correction and import the settings back into BC2, but I don't know what the correct value to set is.

snippet from the exported user preferences file.
    Code:
        <key name="FileViewer">
          <deleted elements unimportant to this question />
          <key name="Menu">
            <int_val name="Exit" value="16777216"/>

<int_val name="Undo" value="16777331"/>

<int_val name="ShowThumbnail" value="33554432"/>
          </key>
    Beyond Compare is a multi-platform utility that combines directory compare and file compare functions in one package. Use it to manage source code, keep directories in sync, compare program output, etc.

Hello,

In your registry, if you navigate to:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare\FileViewer\Menu
    and delete the entry for
    "Exit"
    This will revert it to the default hotkey (esc).

If you are not comfortable editing your registry, you can revert to Factory Defaults globally with the Session menu -> Set Default dialog -> Reset Program defaults. This should revert all of your keyboard commands.

Before you revert, create a saved export of your current settings, and you can then bring them back in with the Tools menu -> Import wizard.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks. I edited the registry after making a backup copy, and it worked. It's good to know about the Reset Program defaults option.

Comment

Working...
      X