Comparing two functions in the same file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing two functions in the same file

This is something I find myself attempting every few months, but can't figure out how to do.

I have a file with two different functions (C source code) which are very similar. I wouls like to line these up side by side to see the differences (usually this is just afew lines or variables with different names).
    WHen I attempt to align manually I only get the fist line of each function aligning, and the rest is mismatched. I'd just like them to be next to each other.

Thanks
    Ken

Re: Comparing two functions in the same file

I'm registered now, but I'm thinking this shouldn't be too hard. The only real way I 've gotten this in the past is to copy my file to a temp, and delete the first function in the temp version.

Ken

Comment

The quickest way to do this when "Align Manually" doesn't work is to use the File|Open Clipboard command in the file viewer. Just copy each function to the clipboard in turn, and open it on one side or the other. It will then perform an alignment of just those functions.
      ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

That worked, but a little more details (took me several tries to find what you were talking about):
        Open file with functions to be compared in File Viewer;
        select text on left - right click to get menu - select Copy;
        From menu File->Open Clipboard;
        select text on right - right click to get menu - select Copy;
        From menu File->Open Clipboard.

That worked just fine; EXACTLY what I wanted.

Thanks
        Ken

Comment

Working...
        X