Scheduling a file move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling a file move

Does anyone know of a way I can schedule a file move operation within BC? I have a large amount of data to move between servers and I want to do it after business hours to minimize the impact on the network.

Re: Scheduling a file move

Does anyone know of a way I can schedule a file move operation within BC? I have a large amount of data to move between servers and I want to do it after business hours to minimize the impact on the network.

I guess I should elaborate. I need to move a list of folders names like 01012003 (Jan. 01, 2003), but I only want to move a certain range like 01012003 to 07312003 from one server to another. What I guess I need is scripting help with this.

Comment

Re: Scheduling a file move

To schedule syncs you'll need to use the command line script support. Once you have the script you want written, use the Windows "Scheduled Tasks" feature to set it up for a specific time.

You should be able to use folder filters to limit the copy to specific date ranges. Perhaps something like:
      filter .\0[1-7]??2003\
      I would be a bit more complicated if you needed tighter control over the dates though.
      ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
      X