Beyond Compare Validation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Compare Validation

I would like to use Beyond Compare 2 to compare source code used in an FDA approved medical device. Any third party software used must be validated to properly perform the task it is used for. My question is, have you executed any formal validation procedures that I may reference in this regard? I am specifically interested in a verification that in plain text files such as source files, Beyond Compare 2 detects all changes for all ascii characters, regardless of white space, etc.

If this hasn't been done, I'll have to write and perform my own verification tests and I'd prefer not to do that.

Re: Beyond Compare Validation

We have not done any official verifications on Beyond Compare. We have had a couple of other users ask about it, but I don't know if any of them followed up with their own testing.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by ZoŽ View Post
      Re: Beyond Compare Validation

We have not done any official verifications on Beyond Compare. We have had a couple of other users ask about it, but I don't know if any of them followed up with their own testing.
      Is this still the case in 2019 or has any official verification been done?

Comment

Hello,

We don't provide validation documentation for Beyond Compare.

Beyond Compare is intended as general purpose computer software, and its level of testing and price reflect that ($30 standard, $60 pro for one license). We don't test or document testing to a level required for Automotive, Aeronautical, or Medical regulated environments.

For significant new features, we always have a beta period before official release. The beta period for Beyond Compare 4.0 was over a year, the beta period for Beyond Compare 4.1 was 4 months.

For every release, we test against changes listed in the change log (http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl...zz=v4changelog). We also go through a check list of major functional areas. All developers and technical support staff must sign off on each release before it is released to the public.

We do have several customers using Beyond Compare in regulated environments. Those customers do their own validation testing for their specific use cases.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X