X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LynnP
    Enthusiast
    • Dec 2003

Documentation suggestions anybody?

I will be updating the BC documentation for the next version of BC, and I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions as to how to improve the documentation. Particularly, I realize that the docs have some holes where information is missing, and I want to track down those holes. Additionally, I want to improve the documentation so that it's easier to find information. I'd really appreciate any suggestions you may have.
    Thank you.
  • jdmarch
    Fanatic
    • Oct 2007

Re: Documentation suggestions anybody?

Lynn, I've made several small documentations suggestions in past emails to support. Do you already have such suggestions?

Comment

• Zoë
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

We have copies of them, but we haven't specifically flagged help suggestions, so it'll take a bit to get find them. If you have any of them handy please post them again.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• jdmarch
        Fanatic
        • Oct 2007

I did a quick scan, and it seems that my documentation suggestions have already been incorporated. Thanks!

Comment

I have not been able to find a clear reference to what character string should be used in the Include Folders and Exclude Folders filter. I have top level directories that I want to compare but I want to only compare a specific set of lower level directories in these top level directories. What is the format to only search on the lower level directories? Example: Two directory structures one on the c drive and one on the d drive: c:\a\b\e, c:\a\b\f and d:\a\b\e d:\a\b\f and I want to only compare the files between the c and d drives in the e and f level directories.

Comment

• armsys
            Enthusiast
            • Jan 2004

Lynn,

The major defect of the online document is its lack of thorough explanation and samples on the BC script--the most powerful feature of Beyond Compare. This feature alone can save enormous time in routine chores day in and day out.

In particular, the English meaning of Filter causes much confusion. On the one hand, Filter <file name> means inclusion; on the other hand, Filter Cutoff:<|>nDays means exclusion. A few sample scripts with planty of remarks (explanation) could have been extremely helpful for end-users to learn quicker about the BC script.

Armstrong
            Hong Kong

Comment

Working...