Overview of differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overview of differences

I would like to get a report that summarizes the number of extra/new/deleted lines, modified lines and identical lines on a per file basis for a complete folder hierarchy. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Re: Overview of differences

We've added support for this in the 2.1 beta. The "Statistics" file comparison report style now shows the numbers for each file, with a total at the end. To get a report for the entire folder heirarchy use the View | Expand All command, then the Edit | Select All Files command, then Actions | File Differences Report.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Can I safely install this alongside v2.0 (in a different folder)?

Comment

Yes. The installer actually has a different default folder, so you won't need to change anything.
        ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Hi Craig,

We are using the BC v2.1.
          Noticed that if the there is no right file for an existingleft side file, it does not give the report of No of Lines at the end.

So in the case of report for all new files for given directory, we could not see the line count in the report.

Is there any work around for this?

Thanks,
          Hari

Comment

Hi Hari,

Any file that only exists on one side is considered an orphan, not newer. Make sure that those files are actually selected along with the other ones.

If you're using scripting to generate the reports you'll need to use this select command:
            select lt.newer.files lt.orphan.files
            ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X