Extracting Archive Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extracting Archive Files

When a file in an archive folder is copied from one side to the other, the whole folder is copied.

Is there a reason why the expected behaviour (extraction from the archive) can't be done?

(build 211 if it's relevant)

Re: Extracting Archive Files

What behavior do you see that makes you think the whole archive is copied?

I tried copying a single file from a zip archive that doesn't exist on the other side. BC created a like-named archive on the other side with only the single file in it. I also tried copying a single file between zip archives that have other differing files. Only the selected file changed.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Just my newbie-ness Tim. Sorry.

First, my wording was misleading. I meant that it copied the zipped file, but still in an archive rather than a free-standing file.

Second, I'm fairly new to BC. The above behaviour is, I now realise, intended. What I should have done was either use "Copy to Folder" on the zipped file or use "Set as Base Folder" on the archive.

Which leads me to ask. Is there a way of just viewing the files in the base folder, free of their sub-folder structure, so that BC will order and compare them?

Comment

Which leads me to ask. Is there a way of just viewing the files in the base folder, free of their sub-folder structure, so that BC will order and compare them?
        Not right now. It is on the wishlist though, and we are considering it for a future release.
        ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X