X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cthomas
    Enthusiast
    • Dec 2008

Comparing Folders

How can I set up BC so when I start BC the default (left window) always contains C:\All Images. And then I chose E:\All Images for the right window. Then after that compare finishes. How I can keep that same window open with the default still open in the right window and I can choose other folders to compare to the default? How can I save this so that I can always go back to this set up?
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Open the folders you want as default.
    Save your workspace.
    In the Manage Workspaces dialog, set the workspace to load startup.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Cthomas,

Michael's answer will work for Beyond Compare 3. You're posting in the BC2 forum, so here are instructions for Beyond Compare 2:

You can create a shortcut that will always open to specific folders. Make a copy of your Beyond Compare 2 shortcut. Right click on it and select "Properties". In the "Shortcut" tab, enter the following "Target" value:
      "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 2\BC2.exe" "c:\All Images" "e:\all images"

This will start a comparison of the two folders when you double click the shortcut.

If you save the folder comparison as a saved session in BC2, you can also pass the name of a save session in the shortcut. Example:
      "C:\Program Files\Beyond Compare 2\BC2.exe" "saved session name"
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...