Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ignore-unimportant with FOLDER-REPORT using command line script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignore-unimportant with FOLDER-REPORT using command line script?

Is it possible to specify "ignore-unimportant" when doing a FOLDER-REPORT using command line script? I have two large directories to compare, and many of the files have unimportant differences. The command line report generated from the script doesn't seem to be able to specify to ignore the unimportant differences. This can be done in the UI by pressing the "Ignore Unimportant Differences" button. I would have assumed that the command line would support this to. Is there no way to accomplish this? The script I'm running is below. I can't seem to pass in an "ignore-unimportant" argument to this.

criteria rules-based
    filter "-.project;-.classpath;-CVS\"
    load C:\cvsExtract1 C:\cvsExtract2
    expand all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side options:column-none,display-mismatches &
    output-to:test.txt

Sorry, it isn't possible to specify "ignore-unimportant" for folder-report in a script. The "ignore-unimportant" setting is global, so if you turn it on or off interactively it will affect your script.

Setting "ignore-unimportant" from a script is on our todo list for a future version of BC.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Chris. At least there is a way to have it set. I'll just have to set it on in the UI, exit the program, and then run my script. That's not a bad workaround (at least it can be done - I thought I was just out of luck!).

Comment

Hi Chris,
        I would like in a script do a Folder compare and ignore the fourth column in all the files. The type of file is csv, I've create a session with csv file format in the GUI and if I open each file and go to the fourth column right click and select unimportant column it works. I would like to do this in command line

Comment

Hello,

We cannot set columns as unimportant via the comand line or script currently. You can, however, create Folder Compare session, double-click your file, change the Session Settings, and then use the lower left drop down to Apply to These Files or Apply to All Files for the parent session.

Then re-save the Folder Compare session. Use script to load the Folder Compare session.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
          X