Suggestion: Double-click default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Double-click default

I'd like to suggest adding an option to set the default action for a double-click on a file.

Currently, the double-click default action is "Compare in viewer". This is not useful for me because BC cannot compare the types of files I use most (Word, Excel, Publisher, Visio). A much more useful option for me is the third right-click option, "Open with Associated App".

I would love to be able to assign "Open with Associated App" as the default double-click option.

A useful right-click option would be "Open Both Files with Associated App", since that's what I have to do when I am not sure why they are showing up as different. This is minor, especially if double-click acted as I suggest.

Re: Suggestion: Double-click default

BC can actually compare a couple of those file types:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo..._morerules.php

As for a different default-click tweak, thanks for the suggestion. I would recommend assigning a keyboard shortcut to Associated App under Tools->Options->Keyboard, for now.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Aaron

Did this tweak ever get implemented either in BC2 or the new BC3 ?

Comment

Thanks for your interest. Double-clicking to execute is still a wishlist item.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I want to second this request. Went looking for it today and would be a help if we could just switch it to open the external viewer.

Comment

Working...
          X