suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions

1) Hi can we have syntax highlighting. (even plus wud be to import colors from vssettings file (Visual Studios settings file) )

2) Show the number of differences in folder compare in the middle bar

3) Do compare contents (folder diff) in a background thread and update the view.

4) In place editing (i heard its already in the version 3)

5) also a real plus wud be faster loading.

thanks

Re: suggestions

1) Syntax highlighting will be in version 3.

2) To determine the number of different files, View|Expand All, then set the display filter to Just Mismatches. Beyond Compare will list the number of visible files in the status bar.

3) In BC2 you can get rid of the compare contents prompt by unchecking "Confirm content compare" in the Confirmations section of Tools|Options. This will still display the results dialog.

4) In place editing will be in version 3.

5) What do you feel is slow? Starting the application without anything loaded? A specific directory or file compare?
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

1) Mega Coool (could u also add importing colors from vssettings files please)

2) Status bar shows just the selected but not the whole view. Number of different files for folders and number of differences for files (only after contents are compared) would be real nice

3) Sorry if i wasn't clearer i meant instead of the progress bar let it finish in the background and let u work.

4) Another Mega Coool.

5) the first time BC loads even without any sort of comparison it takes a while. only thing i can think of is that i have all the plugins installed but that shudn't load till a comparison is made.

thanks mate can't wait for version 3

thanks

Comment

Thanks for the additional feedback. I think we'll have some additional statistics for folder differences in version 3.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

One more suggestion in addition would be some kind of statistics during a sync operation. Displayig the transfer rate and an estimated time remaining

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. Improving progress reporting is on our todo list for a future version.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
            X