Copy and filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy and filter

I know it's been posted and works this way, but having the copy ignore any filters that are set is a real pain. Yes, there are circumstances where synchronize can work wonders and avoids the problems but there are others circumstances where it is not desirable. Since I have svn files on the left side I don't want them copied to the server. I can filter them out but then if I do a copy on a directory I get the svn files copied to the server.

I could explain the situation in greater depth but bottom line is that there should be at least an option, if not a default behavior to copy without copying filtered files or directories.

Re: Copy and filter

Thanks for the suggestion. We have gotten similar comments from other users in the past about BC2's behavior in this area, and are looking at re-designing this functionality for BC3.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Re: Copy and filter

That will be most appreciated. I can tell you it would have saved me an hour yesterday. There are workarounds but they are just that "workarounds" and the best of them require extra time and attention and still lead to errors. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X