X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JerseyDog
    New User
    • Oct 2007

Where did "Compare To..." go??

Using version 2.4.3 (build 243) of BC - Context menu had "Select Left Side to Compare...", after selecting this option I no longer get the "Compare To..." option when right-clicking my second file. Recently installed PGP desktop (disk encryption software) as part of our company's REQUIRED software, could this have had some effect on the context menu? I checked in the Options and the "Include... in Explorer Context" and "Include submenu..." checkboxes ARE checked. Un-installing the PGP desktop takes a l-o-n-g, l-o-n-g time, have to un-encrypt the ENTIRE hard drive to do this, so I don't want to go that route unless absolutely necessary. I would then have to re-install it again, as well. Sigh...
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Where did \"Compare To...\" go??

I haven't heard about interactions with PGP desktop from any other users, but in the past we've run into problems with other shell extensions. If PGP desktop installs a shell extension, you can try disabling it temporarily. The program I've used in the past for this is ShellExView.

You can get ShellExView from: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

It usually works pretty for going through and turning off shell extensions temporarily until you find the one that is conflicting with Beyond Compare.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• JerseyDog
      New User
      • Oct 2007

Re: Where did \"Compare To...\" go??

Wow, ShellExView is a great tool! Turned out my problem was caused by the "PicaView" shell extension installed by ACD System's ACDSee software version 4.0.1.0598 - as soon as I disabled it the BC2 "Compare to..." option re-appeared on the context menu. I un-installed the PicaView option from ACDSee and all is back to normal with Betond Compare. Also, it appears that PicaView was preventing the "Open With..." context menu from displaying a list of programs - this is also resolved by removing PicaView. Thanks...

Comment

Working...