X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul_maia
    New User
    • Oct 2007

Strike-through on deleted code in diff report

We use BC [mostly] for building release notes with full diffs.
    When I build a diff report, using over-under, the added code and the deleted code is all red, making it confusing to easily read the diffs. Most of our changes are minor, making the over-under report, the one of choice.
    What I would like, is to have the code that is in the first file that is not in the second file (or visa-versa?) to show as gray and strike-through. I have played with the style-sheet, but can't seem to get it to work.
    Also, if I do change the style sheet, do I have to send it along with the diff report for other to see the strike-through? Is there a way to embed the style-sheet (easily) so that the resulting file has it all?

Thanks,
    Paul
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Strike-through on deleted code in diff report

Hi Paul,

The added and deleted lines use the same style, so a custom style sheet alone won't allow you to show added lines in red and deleted lines with a strike through.

Also, if you use a custom style sheet, you'll need to send the style sheet with the html report.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Paul,

If you use the Combined report layout instead of over/under, it will use a strikeout.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• paul_maia
        New User
        • Oct 2007

Thanks, I will take a look.

Paul

Comment

Working...