White folders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

White folders

I am using the latest version of Beyond Compare. I am comparing folders on 2 different servers. One is through FTP access, the other is a mapped drive through a VPN. I have it set to Compare Content Size and CRC, and I have Compare Timestamps and Compare Versions unchecked. I have it set to show only mismatches and Always Show Folders is off.

Now, when I do a compare, I end up with about half the folders still visible and all of them are white. Most of the folders have no differences in them, but each one has grayed out files in them, that match the other side exactly. Even folders that have red or blue filenames under them are white. Is this a problem with the new version?

PS. I absolutely love your tool for doing upgrades. It makes it so much easier to compare exact file changes.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: White folders

White Folders indicate that processing is scheduled as a background task, and once finished it will update the color. However, when you expand a folder, this should run that same processing and update the color as well.

From what it looks like, it may have had problems reading after the 1st file, and stopped. Could you email a copy of your log (the text box at the bottom of the screen) and your Support.zip (Help->Support, Export button) to [email protected] ?

If you want to look through the log yourself, see if you encountered a communication error at some point that may have interrupted the background task.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I am still getting the issue after the upgrade. I emailed support but never heard back.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Could you let us know on which day you sent it, and the username of the email (not necessary to post your whole email here, just something we can search on), so we can search our logs and see if we can find it?

It is possible it was intercepted by Junk mail filters on either side of the transfer. Perhaps resend two emails: one with the log attached as a file, another with the text pasted into the body of the email.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

I do not believe we have received an email on this issue, yet. If you could post part of the sending email address, we can search our email logs to make sure it is not being blocked on our end.
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...