show only matched top level folders?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

show only matched top level folders?

Is it possible to show only those folders at the .\ level that have a matching folder regardless of it's contents?

Example:
    on the left I have:
    .\a\a1
    .\c\c1

on the right I have:
    .\a\a1
    .\a\a2
    .\b\b1
    .\c\c1
    .\c\c2
    .\c\c3

I would want to see all of the .\a* folders and all of the .\b* folders based on the top level (.\a & .\c) matching, but exclude the .\b as it only exists on the right.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: show only matched top level folders?

Sorry, I don't think it is possible to do this.

BC's current filtering (Orphans, Mismatches, etc) is all based on file comparison results. The only other related filtering option is View|Always Show Folders. I don't think either of these provide a good way to only show folders that are on both sides while ignoring the folder contents.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Hi guys, first post on the forum.

The reason I am here is because I have a question similar to the one above.

We use Tortoise/SVN as our source control however this leaves a _svn folder in each directory of the project. When comparing I would like BC to ignore these folders.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Ric.

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Yes, it is possible to do this. To ignore a single folder, right click it and select "Exclude".

To ignore all folders named _SVN at any location, enter the filter -_SVN\ into the Filters: toolbar.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...