external html template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• external html template

I seem to recall reading a post where you mentioned a sample external html template for the file report tool. I have to admit that I can't fine the sample or the mention, now that I have an interest in it.

The reason for the interest is that my C source has embedded formfeeds for page breaks, and the report tool shows these as '?' chars, without a page break.

A couple of times I've gone in and added the html page break (<p style="page-break-before:always">), but I'd like to automate doing that, and thought maybe the template would help.

Is there any hope for me?

/dps

Re: external html template

HTML reports can use an external style sheet.

Example style sheets are at:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...stylesheet.php
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks. I knew the link had been posted in something I'd seen before, but I couldn't find it without help ;-}

Any suggestions of how to modify the template for the change I'm interested in?

Thanks again, it's always fun to use bc2.

/dps

Comment

I looked into this further, and I don't think changing the template will work to change the handling of the form feed characters.

BC is treating form feed as a character that can't be displayed, so the raw HTML is using a ? character.

Changing the style sheet just allows for formatting changes.

I'll add this to our list to better handle this in a future version of Beyond Compare.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks!

/dps

Comment

Working...
          X