No announcement yet.

How do I keep the active window on top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I keep the active window on top?

Nearly every time I switch to another application while viewing file differences in the File Viewer, Beyond Compare puts the main session window back on top, which I never want it to do. How do I keep the window that I activated active while Beyond Compare is in the background?

Re: How do I keep the active window on top?

Are you using the current release of BC, version 2.4.3? If not, please update to the latest version and let me know if you still have the problem.

Also, if updating doesn't help, what version of Windows are you using? Are you using the Microsoft PowerToys enhanced task switcher? Are you using Alt-Tab to switch applications, or are you clicking on the task bar?
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I'm using Version 2.4.3, on Windows XP Professional. I do have the PowerToys installed, although I didn't explicitly change any task switcher settings.

I had been clicking on the taskbar to switch applications. When I do that, BC almost always sets the folder viewer back as the active window, although it sometimes leaves the file viewer active. After just trying for a couple of minutes, I haven't gotten BC to switch its active window when I use Alt-Tab to switch applications.

Comment

Thanks for the report. I managed to reproduce this, although not consistently when clicking on the task bar to switch applications. I'll pass this on to our developers.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Yes Chris. It has been happening for the past 2 years now. http://www.scootersoftware.com/ubbthread...;fpart=1#Post56

Craig basically said to wait for version 3 to fix it.

Comment

Working...
          X