X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willum
    Journeyman
    • Apr 2006

Compare file names with different file types

Hi, I thought I had seen this already in the forum once, but I can't find it.. the question is: can I compare the content of two directories to compare just the file names ?
    (Sources left and Objects right) so you can see or you are missing an Object, or worst, a Source file.
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Compare file names with different file types

Go into the Session->Comparison Criteria dialog and uncheck the "Compare Timestamps" and "Compare Contents" checkboxes. Files will either be black if they exist on both sides (regardless of whether they actually have differences), or blue if they exist on both sides.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• willum
      Journeyman
      • Apr 2006

Sorry Craig, but that's not exactly what i mean:
      Folder A has file a.p, b.p and c.p in it
      Folder B has file a.r, b.r and c.r in it
      In this simple example I can see that in both folders there is an a, b and c file. But is there an option to handel this with BC ?
      Left folder A shows a.p, b.p and c.p and Right folder B shows a.r, b.r and c.r lined up with each other

Comment

• chrroe
        Pooh-Bah
        • Oct 2007

Hi willum!

When you have folder-viewer opened, simply klick on the balance icon in the BC toolbar. Then a dialog-box appears named "Comparison control". Switch to the "Advanced" tab and click the checkbox for "ignore file extensions".

That's it ...

Bye
        Christoph

Comment

• willum
          Journeyman
          • Apr 2006

OK thanks, but i have to restart the session.. otherwise it doesn't work.. but i have it now.. thank again

Comment

Working...