Limit search to diff blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit search to diff blocks

I don't see a way to limit a search to only differing areas of files while "Show All" is the display mode. I know I can select "Just Differences" and perform the search, but then I don't have any context in which to interpret the differences. If this is not supported, I'd like to request this feature. Thanks!

Kevin Sikes

Re: Limit search to diff blocks

This is on the wish list, but isn't currently supported. You can limit the display to "Differences with Context" but I'm guessing that won't do it for you.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Tim,

Unfortunately, the Differences Only and Differences with Context views aren't very easy on the eyes. Diff blocks are shown adjacent to each other without any space or lines between them (there is a little horizontal rule in the Line Numbers display, but it's not very noticeable, and I don't usually have Line Number display turned on.) What looks like one block of code might actually have a thousand lines omitted. Is there a setting I'm missing that might make Differences Only or Differences with Context easier to read? Thanks!

Kevin

Comment

I'm afraid there's nothing in BC2 to help with that. Here's a screenshot of our BC3 prototype to show how we handle it there.
        Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Tim,

Looks like the new version handles this much better - sign me up!

Thanks,
          Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X