Suggestion: "Open With" associated file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: "Open With" associated file

How about an option so that a file will open with its associated application when you double click the file name in BC instead of opening with the File Viewer?

How about a toolbar button button so that the highlighted file(s) will open with their associated application(s)?

Currently this functionality requires right clicking to get to context menu. I do it so often that I would like a slightly faster means.

Re: Suggestion: \"Open With\" associated file

Hi Mark!

Indeed, this would be nice for a future release. For the current version the following might be a workaround:

Go to the "Options" dialog of BC and highlight the "Open with" section. Here you can define external applications and how they are opened via keyboard shortcut.

Maybe this helps a bit further ... ?

Bye
    Christoph

Comment

I also use "Open with associated App" frequently. My solution was to use keyboard shorts, Tools -> Options -> Keyboard, scroll down to "Associated App" and assign a keystroke for it. In my case, I used "Ctrl-O".

Comment

Hello Christoph and Ernie,

Thanks for pointing out the keyboard shortcut option. That works nicely. There seem to be workarounds for just about everything in BC2 - a truly wonderful program.

I use BC2 many times a day to keep my USB memory stick files synchronized with machines at home and work. The stick effectively becomes a live, portable, manually operated back-up media through BC. I also use BC as a way to access files and folders as "projects", which is why I want to quickly open files in their native apps from BC. Straying from BCs original intent, but useful.

Comment

Working...
        X