Version 2.4.3 Does NOT Work w/ Network Addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 2.4.3 Does NOT Work w/ Network Addresses

Version 2.4.3 cannot list "\\server\share" style names (whereas version 2.4.1 does). I take it this is a bug (rather than a feature being removed).

Re: Version 2.4.3 Does NOT Work w/ Network Address

I just checked a UNC path (\\server\share\) on our internal network, and I could open the share using version 2.4.3.

Do you get an error message? Have you tried using the older version after updating to 2.4.3 to make sure it isn't something that has changed on your network?

If you need a copy of the old version, you can download 2.4.1 from: http://www.scootersoftware.com/bc24en241.exe
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Yes, I installed 2.4.3 over top 2.4.1 and several UNC paths I tried to list just timed out after about 1 minute (popup saying something like path not found).

I then re-installed 2.4.1 over top 2.4.3 and had no problem with the same UNC paths which failed under 2.4.3 only 2 minutes before

Comment

I just re-installed 2.4.3 over top 2.4.1 (again) and now it works for the same UNC paths. Not sure if there could be some SMB caching taking place which now makes it work under 2.4.3 since I had listed them under 2.4.1.

When I next reboot, I'll try it again so I guess for now you can consider the problem closed...

Comment

Working...
        X