Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Compare 2 False Positives

Hello,

Whenever I compare folders, I get a lot of red files (mismatches) on both sides of the compare. When I double click most of the files, they are identical and then when I close out of the view, the files are no longer mismatched. I am not a BC2 expert, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or is this a bug? It makes the software unusable because I have to spend a long time comparing so many identical files that were marked as mismatched.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Beyond Compare 2 False Positives

If you are using the default settings, Beyond Compare will compare files in the Folder Viewer using timestamp and size. Red files mean there is a timestamp or size difference (select View|Legend for full description of colors).

When you double click a pair of files in the Folder Viewer to view them in the File Viewer, their text contents are compared using a rules-based comparison. When you close the File Viewer, the comparison display is updated with the results of the rules-based comparison.

From your description, it sounds like your files have timestamp or size differences, but the text contents are a match. You can make the Folder Viewer compare all files based on text contents. To do this, select Session|Comparison Control. For "Compare Contents" select "Rules-based comparison".
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
    X