directory view show files on both sides as "newer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• directory view show files on both sides as "newer"

I am comparing files on my local machine to files on a network drive. Even though the files on the network drive have older time stamps and the files are different, BC shows the file names in red on both sides. I have never seen this happen when comparing two directories on my local PC--older files are correctly colored gray.

Looking at the BC help, it says that red means the file is "newer or mismatch"--which implies to me that BC might have a good reason for making both sides red when they do not match. But I can't understand why the older files are not marked gray.

Can anybody help me out? Thanks.

Jeff

Re: directory view show files on both sides as \"ne

If there is a timestamp difference in the files, the older file should display gray, and the newer file in red.

If the timestamps are a match, but the contents are different, both files will display in red.

If timestamps and contents are different, but timestamp comparison is turned off in Session|Comparison Control, both files will also display in red.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Re: directory view show files on both sides as \"ne

Well, somehow timestamp comparison got turned off in my saved session. I guess that setting has always been on for me before, so I missed that obvious setting change. Thanks for your help!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
      X