X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zoro
    New User
    • Jul 2006

simple question - filter out "thumbs.db"

I'm sick of thumbs.db files showing up as changes. But the filter never seems to stop them! I've tried putting in -thumbs.db;-*.db;-thumbs* with no avail. Help appreciated.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: simple question - filter out \"thumbs.db\"

If you place the filter -Thumbs.db in the Filters: toolbar, it should hide the thumbs file from the display and from comparison results.

If you still see Thumbs.db listed after entering the filter, make sure View|Suppress Filters is not on. You can also filter out the file by right clicking on it and selecting Exclude.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Zoro
      New User
      • Jul 2006

Toolbar never has worked that is why I posted. But Exclude does, thanks!

Comment

> Toolbar never has worked that is why I posted. But Exclude does, thanks!

Interesting. I just filtered 2 different ways (-*.$$$, which tells some people what editor I use).

The first way was, in folder view, select Session Menu->File filters, and type *.$$$ in the exclude pane.
        "-*.$$$" shows in the filter slot of the toolbar.

The second way was to go into Tools->Options, and under Folder View add a line to the filters (it worked just to type it in there..."All but $$$ (-*.$$$)" Then the toolbar filter slot included "All but $$$" in the dropdown.

Perhaps you can tell us more of how you were trying to do the filtering before you found "exclude".

/dps

Comment

Working...