• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glyn
    New User
    • Jul 2006

Duplicate file searching - when?

Hi there,

Yesterday I discovered Beyond Compare - today I registered it - thanks Scooter Software for a terrific program!

IMHO the one essential function missing from BC is duplicate search.

I have searched the forums and seen references to duplicates dated over 2 years ago and is slated for a low priority v3 release?

Is it just me who thinks this essential, core feature should be top of the list?

Granted I am a BC newbie but the ability to find duplicate files stored on my local & network drives IMHO would be such an important feature...

Are there any plans to develop a plug-in duplicate search feature?

I would gladly pay for one...

Thanks & regards,
    -=Glyn=-
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Duplicate file searching - when?

First, thanks for the compliments. It is great to hear that you find BC so useful.

Duplicate file searching is still up there on our list for major new features.

The problem is, we're a small company, with only 5 full time employees. This includes sales and support staff.

Right now we're focusing our resources on development of 3-way comparison. Going from 2-way comparison to 3-way comparison is a big change, and to do it right takes time. Three way comparison is a really big addition for our users that are software developers.

So, it will be a while before we add duplicate searching, but it is a feature request that we take very seriously.

In the meantime, there are a number of existing utilities that are dedicated to finding duplicate files. If you go to a site like www.download.com and search for "duplicate file" it should give you quite a few options.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...