Beyond 2.4.1 crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond 2.4.1 crash

Does anyone knows wy my BC 2.4.1 trial version is crashing at startup??
    I have finished install the version 2.4.1 and nothing occurs when launching the program from desktop icon or using explorer context menu.

Re: Beyond 2.4.1 crash

It might be a problem with the trial period timeout in BC. Normally if the trial period expires it displays an expiration message, but on a few occasions I've seen it crash due to a trial/license issue.

Did you get the installer from our web site? If not, the first thing to do is get a fresh installer from our web site.

If that isn't the issue, please check to make your system time/date is correct. If your system date is set too far into the past or future it can make the trial period timeout.

If that doesn't help either, what version of Windows do you have? Have you applied all the latest Microsoft patches?
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

This is the first install of BC 2.4.1 on my machine.

I've been trial an old version (1.9 I guess) in the past, but uninstall it a long time ago (about 1 year).

I'm using a Windows XP SP2 system in a Dell D600 latitude and made all recomended windows upgrades.

Comment

Version 1.9 and version 2 use different trial key systems, so the earlier version shouldn't affect it.

It might be having a problem with the trial key. Please send an email to support@scootersoftware.com and I'll send you a different license key to try that might solve this problem.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X