Synchronising reorganised folders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synchronising reorganised folders

I have used Beyond Compare for a long time now, mostly for file and folder synchronisation. It's one of my most frequently used programmes and I wouldn't be without it. However, I have one problem I don't know how to solve and I'd welcome suggestions.

I use BC to keep my work and home systems synchonised across a slowish VPN connection. If I reorganise one of the folder trees there's no easy way within BC to reorganise the corresponding tree on the other machine while viewing the comparison. The 'Move' command only works between windows, and while I could use 'Copy to folder' this creates duplicates which then have to be found and deleted. I normally have to fire up Windows Exlorer to do the reorganisation and then switch back to BC to refresh the comparison. It would be useful to have either a 'Move to folder' command, or to be able to drag and drop within one of the comparison windows. If there's already a solution I'd be grateful to hear it.

dalroi

Re: Synchronising reorganised folders

There isn't a solution to this using Beyond Compare.

Our todo list for the future does include detecting moved files, moving files and folders within one side, and finding duplicate files.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Re: Synchronising reorganised folders

OK, thanks. I appreciate your problems with development, I'll look forward to this in some future release.

dalroi

Comment

Working...
      X