Suggestion for Sync feature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for Sync feature

I often need to sync two folders interactively, where files may be different or unique (orphaned) on either side. The 'Only Mismatches' option is useful, but usually
    shows folders that have unique or updated files on one side, but are grayed (all up to date) on the other side.
    It would be nice to see exactly what is different, but
    doing an 'open all folders' will descend down into the
    unique folders and show way too much stuff.

In other words, I'd like to auto-open the folders that have unique or newer files, but only to the depth that's necessary. As soon as a folder has no matching files on the other side, stop recursive into that folder.

OK, so that's hard to verbalize, but I think Araxis does something like this.

Is that possible with existing options?

Re: Suggestion for Sync feature

I often need to sync two folders interactively, where files may be different or unique (orphaned) on either side. The 'Only Mismatches' option is useful, but usually
    shows folders that have unique or updated files on one side, but are grayed (all up to date) on the other side.
    It would be nice to see exactly what is different, but
    doing an 'open all folders' will descend down into the
    unique folders and show way too much stuff.

In other words, I'd like to auto-open the folders that have unique or newer files, but only to the depth that's necessary. As soon as a folder has no matching files on the other side, stop recursive into that folder.

OK, so that's hard to verbalize, but I think Araxis does something like this.

Is that possible with existing options?
    No replies? I guess that was tough to describe, and to read.

What I was talking about was opening the folders just far enough to display the items that are different. Can this be done?

Comment

Re: Suggestion for Sync feature

Under Session->Comparison Control, there are options to "Expand subfolders when loading session" and "Only expand subfolders with differences". Try enabling both. Does this help?
      Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
      X