Can FTP file be moved directly to destination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can FTP file be moved directly to destination

I'm using BC to move large files from my tivo via ftp to my computer. I'm finding that BC uses a temp directory on drive C, then moves it to the destiantion drive.

I have looked through the options, but can't find anything to allow me to do this.

I would like to copy the file directly to the destination drive w/o it being temporarily stored on drive C. For my drive C doesn't always have enought space. Is this powsible?.

thanks,
    joe

Re: Can FTP file be moved directly to destination

It isn't possible to bypass the temp file creation. What you can do is change the location of your Temp directory. The temp directory location is specified by the TMP and TEMP environment variables. Setting these to point to a location with more disk space might solve the problem.

To set the environment variables in Windows XP, open "System Properties" in the Control Panel. Go to the Advanced tab and click on "Environment Variables".
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Re: Can FTP file be moved directly to destination

Thanks for the help. I guess I wasn't wanting to change a windows global variable in the process. I will look at other ftp programs before I resort to this.

Thanks again,
      Joe.

Comment

Working...
      X