Display of "operation complete" in the log?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • domogala
    Visitor
    • Feb 2006

Display of "operation complete" in the log?

Once upon a time, the completion of an operation, such as refresh or a tree compare, would get displayed in the log at the bottom of BC. A few versions ago this stopped showing up. I would like to see these "operation complete" messages logged once again if possible.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Display of \"operation complete\" in the log?

Are you referring to the "Background comparison took n.nn seconds" message? This is still present in the current version of BC. I think this only displays in the log for content comparisons (CRC, binary, or rules-based).
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• domogala
      Visitor
      • Feb 2006

That's the message. It is not showing up anymore, that's why I'm asking about it. Is there something to toggle it on and off or do I have to uninstall and reinstall the app?

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

This should show up in the current version of BC as long as you are using binary, crc, or rules-based comparison.

If it isn't showing up, it might have something to do with your BC settings. The quickest way to figure this out is for you to send me a copy of your settings. To export a zip of your settings, select Help|Support and click the Export button. Please send the settings to [email protected] and I'll work to determine why it isn't being displayed.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

It turns out this is due to log settings.

With logging to set to normal, the completed in n.nn seconds message is not displayed.

Setting View|Log|Verbose from the menu will display the message for CRC, Binary, and Rules-based comparison.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• domogala
            Visitor
            • Feb 2006

That did the trick! Thanks.

Comment

Working...