X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmag
    Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

[Suggestion]: Not enought free space warning

I would like BC to show (may be in red color?) the sum of the total size of the selected files in one pane WHEN this sum IS LESS than the free space in the other pane.

The "Confirm copy" dialog box or "move dialog box" also can show a message like "There may be not enough space to perform the operation".

It is well known that when windows default behaviour is to copy and to show the message AFTER copying some files... but I think that the warning message is worth.

Thank you very much

Manuel Alcaraz
    SPAIN
    YES, and is easy to do!
    0%
    No; it too hard to implement...
    0%
  • Ernie
    Fanatic
    • Mar 2004

Re: [Suggestion]: Not enought free space warning

This information is already available, kind of. When looking at a folder view and viewing mismatches, for example, the status line under the left pane shows something like:

95 file(s), 3.65MB (3.34 GB free on c

and the status line under the right pane shows something like:

94 file(s), 3.48MB (2.99 GB free on d

So, you can see that there are 95 files on C:, occupying 3.65MB that have to be copied to D:, which has 2.99GB free.

There is also the issue of cluster sizes on the different partititions to consider when attempting to determine if there is enough free space on the target drive/directory.

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll add this to our wish list to be considered for a future version of Beyond Compare.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• mmag
        Enthusiast
        • Jan 2006

Thank you very much.
        Regards. Manuel.

Comment

• mmag
          Enthusiast
          • Jan 2006

Any news in this feature? I did not expect it to be a "really" hard to implement feature... THank you.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

Sorry for the lack of progress. Our Customer Wishlist is not currently scheduled development, but a place our developers go for ideas for future features and enhancements. We've been pretty busy with several other large projects, but this is still on there.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...