• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by rtanski View Post
    looks like c++ is not on that list
    No, we don't have a C++ Tidy, but BC4 supports generic conversion support, so we could use any command line utility that takes an input c++ file and gives a tidied output.txt. Enhancing our own syntax awareness is something on our wishlist, but is a very large project and not one we'll be tackling short-term.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by bhupen111 View Post
    Hello Chris, Sorry to reply on wrong thread. Actually, I like to post one Query but i am finding way to do.

Basically, I like to write command line script to generate statistics like # of new blank lines after change, # of Changed lines, # of NEw lines, # of deleted lines etc.

Is there any way possible in Beyond compare ?

I could write basic script but it's just shows important or unimportant differences. But i thought these are very standard features and may be already there and I don;t know how to do it.

Thanks
    Bhupen
    If you load your files in the Text Compare graphically, and use the Session menu, Text Compare Report, Statistics layout, are these stats useful for you?

Here's a description of the terms from the statistics report:

SourceFile - file on the left side of the comparison, considered the older file.
    CompareFile - right side file, considered the newer file.
    IOriginal - total number of important lines in left file.
    IAdded - important right orphan lines.
    IDeleted - important left orphan lines
    IChanged - important different lines
    The U lines are the same as above, just for lines of text that are unimportant.

An example of important is a line with source code differences, an unimportant lines would be a line containing comments.

If yes, script can also be used to generate this style of text-report layout:statistics

Leave a comment:

• rtanski
    replied
    looks like c++ is not on that list

Leave a comment:

• bhupen111
    replied
    Hello Chris, Sorry to reply on wrong thread. Actually, I like to post one Query but i am finding way to do.

Basically, I like to write command line script to generate statistics like # of new blank lines after change, # of Changed lines, # of NEw lines, # of deleted lines etc.

Is there any way possible in Beyond compare ?

I could write basic script but it's just shows important or unimportant differences. But i thought these are very standard features and may be already there and I don;t know how to do it.

Thanks
    Bhupen

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Using a conversion utility to normalize the whitespace and sort the file would move the sections to the same placement within the files, so they would then align. The RESX example KB article, earlier in the thread is an example for RESX files (Which, are always out of order groupings) and uses (any) command line utility to sort them:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...rnalconversion

BC4 has various other Sort or Tidy variants for a few other file types on our download page, for XML, HTML, etc:
    https://www.scootersoftware.com/down..._moreformatsv4

Or, the RESX article is also a template for implementing with any command line utility that is specific for your file type.

Chris' other suggestions also work depending on your file extension and type of data.

I'm assuming the issue you are having is with out of order function text blocks in some code files you are diffing. If you are having trouble calling the git difftool itself, we have instructions for that here:
    https://www.scootersoftware.com/supp...vcs#gitwindows

Leave a comment:

• rtanski
    replied
    how does that help me in doing a git diff

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied
    Sorry, moved block detection is still not available in Beyond Compare's Text Compare.

Possible workarounds:
    • Use the Sorted file format in the Text Compare.
    • Use a source code beautifier/formatter before comparison in the Text Compare.
    • Use the XML sorted file format for XML in the Text Compare.
    • Use the Table Compare for sorted comparison if data is a list, CSV, or tab delimited.

Leave a comment:

• rtanski
    replied
    Hello

It has been 16 years since this feature has been requested. has it yet been implemented?

regards

Leave a comment:

• rob_levine
    replied
    I'd like to vote for this feature too; it is the only key feature missing from BeyondCompare IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Thanks for your input. This is still something on our wishlist.

Leave a comment:

• Vasili Galka
    replied
    I would like to add my vote for this feature. It will be extremely helpful.
    Actually I came to the forum just to propose it.
    I'm glad that others need it too, pity it still wasn't implemented in so many years :-(

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Hello,

Handling this internally is still something on our wishlist. Using an external conversion is our current workaround. Here's an example using a custom conversion for RESX:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...rnalconversion

Leave a comment:

• zartc
    replied
    Hello, any projection on when the "moved block detection" will eventually be implemented in BC ? (it's been seven years of reflexion now
    There are more and more compare program out there that implement this feature now, BC is starting to lag seriously in this area.
    ZC

Leave a comment:

• EugeneB
    replied
    It is a great feature!
    I think it would be particularly useful for resolving conflict caused by reorganizing code structure, e.g. if methods of a particular class in a particular file were sorted alphabetically and some of the methods was modified by another user it should help to resolve conflicts more smoothly (or even automatically resolve them).

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestion. We are still interested in example files and use cases. Please feel free to email them to us at support@scootersoftware.com. If you do, please include a link back to this forum post for reference.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X