Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does that help me in doing a git diff

Comment

Using a conversion utility to normalize the whitespace and sort the file would move the sections to the same placement within the files, so they would then align. The RESX example KB article, earlier in the thread is an example for RESX files (Which, are always out of order groupings) and uses (any) command line utility to sort them:
      http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...rnalconversion

BC4 has various other Sort or Tidy variants for a few other file types on our download page, for XML, HTML, etc:
      https://www.scootersoftware.com/down..._moreformatsv4

Or, the RESX article is also a template for implementing with any command line utility that is specific for your file type.

Chris' other suggestions also work depending on your file extension and type of data.

I'm assuming the issue you are having is with out of order function text blocks in some code files you are diffing. If you are having trouble calling the git difftool itself, we have instructions for that here:
      https://www.scootersoftware.com/supp...vcs#gitwindows
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Hello Chris, Sorry to reply on wrong thread. Actually, I like to post one Query but i am finding way to do.

Basically, I like to write command line script to generate statistics like # of new blank lines after change, # of Changed lines, # of NEw lines, # of deleted lines etc.

Is there any way possible in Beyond compare ?

I could write basic script but it's just shows important or unimportant differences. But i thought these are very standard features and may be already there and I don;t know how to do it.

Thanks
        Bhupen

Comment

looks like c++ is not on that list

Comment

Originally posted by bhupen111 View Post
            Hello Chris, Sorry to reply on wrong thread. Actually, I like to post one Query but i am finding way to do.

Basically, I like to write command line script to generate statistics like # of new blank lines after change, # of Changed lines, # of NEw lines, # of deleted lines etc.

Is there any way possible in Beyond compare ?

I could write basic script but it's just shows important or unimportant differences. But i thought these are very standard features and may be already there and I don;t know how to do it.

Thanks
            Bhupen
            If you load your files in the Text Compare graphically, and use the Session menu, Text Compare Report, Statistics layout, are these stats useful for you?

Here's a description of the terms from the statistics report:

SourceFile - file on the left side of the comparison, considered the older file.
            CompareFile - right side file, considered the newer file.
            IOriginal - total number of important lines in left file.
            IAdded - important right orphan lines.
            IDeleted - important left orphan lines
            IChanged - important different lines
            The U lines are the same as above, just for lines of text that are unimportant.

An example of important is a line with source code differences, an unimportant lines would be a line containing comments.

If yes, script can also be used to generate this style of text-report layout:statistics
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Originally posted by rtanski View Post
              looks like c++ is not on that list
              No, we don't have a C++ Tidy, but BC4 supports generic conversion support, so we could use any command line utility that takes an input c++ file and gives a tidied output.txt. Enhancing our own syntax awareness is something on our wishlist, but is a very large project and not one we'll be tackling short-term.
              Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
              X