• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernie
    replied
    Re: BC no longer prompting to \"Save changes to ses

Ah!

I've been using the keyboard/shortcuts more often now. I know a while back I was always using the mouse/toolbar. That's why the behavior changed.

Thanks for confirming and handling.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for pointing this out. Before I was changing sessions using the Session: toolbar. Using the toolbar it does prompt for a save, but opening another session using the Session|Session Manager doesn't prompt for a save and it should. I'll add it to our bug list and we'll try to get it fixed for our 2.4 release.

Leave a comment:

• Ernie
    replied

Chris, I am still not prompted to save a (named) session if I change it before activating another session. I normally save my sessions manually, but sometimes forget.

I can launch BC2, select a named session. From the folder view, I can right click on a file, select <font color="blue">Exclude</font>, hit <font color="blue">OK</font> from the resulting popup. The window title is updated to include an asterisk following the session name.

At this point, I can activate another session, using the menu sequence <font color="blue">Session</font> -> <font color="blue">Session Manager</font> and selecting another saved named session. When I do this, the new session is activated without asking to save the previous session's changes.

Leave a comment:

• RobertClark4777
    replied
    Re: BC no longer prompting to \"Save changes to session

That must be it. I went back and tested this and sure enough when I changed the file viewer display, it didn't mark it as a change. This is strange because I thought for sure it used to do this. I figured that any change in a session (including the type of display) would indicate a change. Anyways...it is working as you have describe. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

When BC detects a session has changed, it adds a * to the end of the session name in the window title. Do you see a * in the name before you switch sessions but don't get a save prompt?

BC won't prompt to save display filter (all, mismatches, etc) or column changes to sessions. They are saved automatically.

What are the exact changes that you make to a session that result in no save prompt?

Leave a comment:

• RobertClark4777
    replied

These are prevously saved (and used repeatedly) sessions. This feature was working a week or two ago but now it's not prompting.

Leave a comment:

• Ernie
    replied

I am experiencing a similar problem, but it does not occur on exitting BC2.

I can call up a named session and alter it by excluding a directory. If I exit (hitting the X on the system menu, using ALT-F4, or selecting the menu sequence Session -> Exit) I am asked if I want to "Save changes to session?" followed by the session name.

But, if I load the same session, modify it, then load another session (Menu items Session -> Session Manager then select a saved session), I don't get prompted to save my changes to the modified session, thus losing the changes.

I seem to remember getting asked in the past about saving the changes.

Using BC2 2.3.1 (build 231)

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Are you changing the default <untitled> session? BC will only prompt to save changes if you change settings after loading a saved session.

Leave a comment:

• RobertClark4777
    replied

No they are not locked.

Leave a comment:

• Chris
    replied

Is your session locked? If you lock a session in the session manager, BC will no longer prompt you to save changes when you close BC or switch to another session.

Leave a comment:

• BC no longer prompting to "Save changes to session

All of a sudden BC is no longer prompting to "Save changes to session?" when I exit from the application after altering a session. I cannot seem to find a place where this could have been switched off. Any ideas?
Working...
X