Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two wishes: Firefox Search and compared file size

Hi,
    I really love BC and use it a lot. I mostly use the File Viewer.

I have two new features I'm missing in the File Viewer:
    1. I would like to have a Firefox style search bar. Firefox search is very convenient as it is displayed as a bar and incrementally search as you type. It would be lovely to see it implemented in BC's File Viewer as well.

2. I'm often interested to see how my changes to a file changed its total size. It would be highly convenient to me if the File Viewer displayed the total size of the file in the status bar.

Finally, it would be very nice if you could publicly post your current Wish List, so we will know what to expect for in the next release.

Regards,
    splintor

Re: Two wishes: Firefox Search and compared file size

Thank you for the suggestions.

1. We're still discussing the search interface for our next major release, we'll definitely take the Firefox style search bar into consideration.

2. I'll add displaying file size in the File Viewer to our wish list.

Right now our wish list is in an internal database that would require significant effort to make into a public version. We're a small company, and at this point we feel our time is better spent working on new features for BC or fixing bugs than developing a public wish list.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Re: Two wishes: Firefox Search and compared file s

1. We're still discussing the search interface for our next major release, we'll definitely take the Firefox style search bar into consideration.
      If such a search bar is looking likely, could you please consider making it optional? The search bar in Firefox is the single thing I absolutely *loathe* about the program. Fortunately one can tinker with the Firefox code... but I don't guess you guys would let me do that with BC! (although I am a Delphi developer )

Comment

Re: Two wishes: Firefox Search and compared file s

Draco, thank you for letting us know that not everyone likes the Firefox search bar. As far as I know, I don't think our developers have settled on a UI for searching in our next major release. We'll definitely take all suggestions into account as we discuss it.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...
        X