Saving sessions as individual files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving sessions as individual files

Would it be possible to support saving sessions as individual files? Then, double clicking on the session file could be used to open that session (not just add it to the list in the session manager). Currently, I have a number of sessions that are unrelated and I'd like to place them near the folders that they apply to such as different web sites I maintain, or different data sets I synchronize, etc. Also, it is (ironically) difficult to synchronize the sessions between my two computers since I can only save them together as one big file. Sometimes I update a session on one computer, and another on the other computer, and must manually recrete the updates to get them to synch.

Thank you
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Saving sessions as individual files

It is possible to save sessions as individual XML files for Import/Export in BC, but it isn't possible to save them in a way they can be opened by double clicking on them. This type of session file is on our wish list for a future version of BC.

Instead of exporting all of your settings, have you tried selecting to export sessions and then only checking the session or sessions that have changed?
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Yes, I've tried that -- I just have a lot of sessions, it's not practical. I'm glad that the functionality I described is on a wish list. Hopefully, it won't be too long but, understand if it's a while.
      Thanks!

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

One other thing you can do is use the XML session file format rather than the default binary one. Export all of your sessions and save it as Sessions.xml in the same location as Sesssions.bcse and then delete the .bcse file. The XML files will be text so you can manually sync them in the file viewer.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...