Compare Values?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare Values?

Hi I'm evaluating the product. I haven't run across any documentation yet on customizing value comparison. Does the product have this functionality?
    e.g.
    Sep1
    Open Window 0.2s
    Sep2
    Open Window 0.3s

This record would be highlighted because of the different value. However, I'm looking to customize the comparison so only differences of say...greater than 3.0 seconds are highlighted.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. if anyone knows of a product that can accomplish this, that would help

Re: Compare Values?

It isn't possible to specify a numerical tolerance for comparison using the File Viewer. It is possible to specify numerical tolerances for comparison using our Data Viewer plug-in. Plug-ins only work with a registered version of Beyond Compare. You can find information on the Data Viewer at: http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?c=dataview
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thank you for the response Chris. Another question:
      Can the beyond compare features and functions be exposed by command line call from another application, say (Final Builder?)

Comment

There isn't an API for Beyond Compare, but you can write a BC script and pass the script command line arguments. To pass command line arguments to scripts use the variables %1 through %9 in the script. See the help file for scripting documentation and our Script Central forum for lots of scripting examples.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

is there anything new concerning the tolerance?

best regards
          Wolfram

Comment

Hello Wolfram,

Beyond Compare only supports setting a numerical tolerance in the Data Viewer plug-in. The Data Viewer's handling of numerical tolerance hasn't changed in a long time.

If you don't have the Data Viewer yet, you can download it from our plug-ins page.

http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?c=v2plugins
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Thanks Chris

I will try this!

regards
              Wolfram

Comment

Working...
              X