Missing Files with Beyond Compare v. 2.3.1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Files with Beyond Compare v. 2.3.1

I am running into a major problem with Beyond Compare v. 2.3.1 (build 231).

I am comparing two separate hard drives as described below with the msinfo32 utility:

Drive C: (Internal Drive)
    Description Local Fixed Disk
    Compressed No
    File System NTFS
    Size 44.72 GB (48,012,378,112 bytes)
    Free Space 12.97 GB (13,921,153,024 bytes)

Drive F: (External USB Drive)
    Description Local Fixed Disk
    Compressed No
    File System NTFS
    Size 37.26 GB (40,007,729,152 bytes)
    Free Space 26.12 GB (28,045,914,112 bytes)

The problem is that certain files do not show up as missing. For example, in the C:\pics directory there are 10,613 files and on F:\pics there are only 8,812 files. It really makes no sense. Beyond Compare does not show them as missing.

Also, I downloaded the 1.9f version and it seems to be showing the missing files!

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Chirag
  • Tim
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Missing Files with Beyond Compare v. 2.3.1

Check to see if your file filters are hiding the files.

A quick and easy way to do this is to click the Suppress Filters toolbar button (the sunglasses with the red slash). That temporarily suppresses the filters so you can see what's behind the scenes.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

I'm seeing this too. Exclude, only in this folder, is flaky and I can't rely on it. There are times that files missing in one side don't show, yet other times they do (and this happens a lot). I can't count how many times I had to reset my filters and re-do them. I'm also using 2.31. If I wasn't so busy, I'd un-install and re-install.

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Please email a copy of your settings to [email protected], along with details about the folder you were comparing. Please include information about what file types were displaying correctly and which ones weren't showing up in BC and I'll try to determine what is causing the problem.

To export your settings, select Help|Support and click the Export button.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...