outlook PST file,sync

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

outlook PST file,sync

Have been doing an exhaustive search on the internet for a program that will sync an outlook pst file between two computers lots of options but none that sound very stable.
    Have you considered making an add-in that will sync the pst file at the file, folder level?
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: outlook PST file,sync

Synchronizing PST files is on our wish list.

We use Thunderbird for email, so I can't recommend a specific product, but I turned up a page listing quite a few options by searching Google:
    http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm

To find it I searched for "outlook mailbox sychronizer".

Instead of synchronizing mailboxes, it might also be worth considering a switch from POP3 to IMAP mail. If you switch to IMAP, all of your mail will stay on the server and you won't have to worry about synchronizing your email clients.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Try www.synchpst.com - I use it a lot, and it woks.

Comment

Another option is to use a product like Legato Replistor, which synchronizes any file in the background, including PST files which are in use. It uses intelligent byte-by-byte comparisons of the file, so even a 1 GB .PST file can be synchronized very quickly if there is only a few emails or calendar items which are different. Both computers have to be running this software for it to work. I have tried it and it is stable and effective, but it's expensive.

http://www.legato.com/products/replistor/

Comment

The biggest problem with synchpst is that it creates loads of duplicate entries - which tends to increase the size of your pst file.

Comment

Working...